Goodcare AtHome Rehab employs therapists who specialize in providing outpatient therapy for a number of women’s and men’s health conditions. We offer pelvic floor therapy for urinary/fecal incontinence, overactive bladder, gynecological conditions, pregnancy and postpartum conditions (pelvic organ prolapse, diastasis recti), benign prostatic hyperplasia, as well as pelvic and musculoskeletal pain that may be associated with any of these conditions.
We recognize the sensitivity of these conditions and are pleased to be able to offer this therapy service to you in two settings, our discreet outpatient clinic (located at 111 W 17th St Suite 1A Sioux Falls, SD), or from the comfort and privacy of your own home. Our goal is to help you feel an increased sense of self-esteem, an increased sense of self-dignity, and to hopefully renew your interest in social situations that you may have avoided for some time due to incontinence or other uncomfortable situations.
If you are in need of women’s or men’s health pelvic floor therapy, please don’t hesitate to give Goodcare AtHome Rehab a call.
Isn’t this normal as we age?
No. Whether in your 20’s or 80’s, leaking is not normal. Just as you work to strengthen your arms and legs, your pelvic muscles and other core muscles need to be worked and working in coordination with each other to deliver good pelvic health and function. Even those that do not have specific pelvic floor symptoms but rather have complaints such as low back, hip or stomach pain, may benefit from a pelvic floor perspective during their assessment and treatment. Treatment from a pelvic floor perspective can be life changing! Pelvic symptoms or not!
Goodcare AtHome Rehab’s pelvic floor therapy is designed for women and men who experience the following symptoms:
- Leakage of urine/gas/stool
- Leakage with activity or movement
- Pelvic pain or groin pain
- Pain with pelvic exams and / or intercourse
- Abdominal pain
- Low back pain
- Hip pain
- Urgency and/or frequent need to urinate
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Diastasis Recti
- During pregnancy / post partum (6 weeks post delivery)
People often experience these symptoms because the muscles in the pelvic region become weak, tight, or dysfunctional as a result of surgery, physical or emotional trauma. Pelvic floor therapy helps to strengthen and retrain the entire core allowing you to have increased urinary and bowel control as well as less pain.
Our pelvic floor therapy treatments include:
- Exercises: to pelvic floor, low back, abdominals, hips, as well as breathing exercises; may include strengthening / stretching / endurance training
- Lifestyle factors: foods/liquids contributing to the problem, lack of exercise, inappropriate exercise for current condition, and body mechanics education
- Patient Education (bladder re-training, nervous system re-training)
- Biofeedback for pelvic floor re-education
- Electrical stimulation to the pelvic floor to reduce pain and / or to improve pelvic floor strength; to various other body points to indirectly assist with health and function of the pelvic floor and related muscles
- Myofascial release (trigger point techniques to the pelvic floor or massage to other needed areas)
- Instruction in self-treatments to be performed at home (dilator training, bladder training)
How many visits to expect?
Treatment frequency may vary, often seeing patients for an average of 6-12 visits. If you have pain or if your nervous system needs to calm down, you may benefit from more frequent therapy visits (1-2x a week), otherwise if you are able to follow exercises as instructed, treatment frequency may be less (weekly to bi-weekly).
Goodcare AtHome Rehab accepts most major insurance plans including: Medica, Sanford, Aetna, UHC, Midlands, Humana, Avera, Medicare, and more.
Our outpatient clinic is conveniently located at 111 W 17th St Suite 1A Sioux Falls, SD.
You may contact your physician to be referred to Goodcare AtHome Rehab or call us directly at (605) 231-2490 for more information. You may also send us a message by filling out our contact form.